Do You Need an Editor for Your Business Communication?
Do you want to reach the next level in your marketing and written communications? You and your employees are excellent at what you do, even though you may not feel you’re natural writers. You may need an extra boost or polish to showcase your work in the best possible light.
Error-free, on-brand writing instills confidence in clients. Polishing your written communications reflects the care that you put into your work. It can set you apart from other companies by demonstrating your knowledge, expertise and level of preparation in all facets of your business. I’m familiar with the most popular business style guides.
I offer two main services for businesses but I’m also happy to discuss whatever ideas you may have.
- Polishing and tailoring your company’s writing in alignment with your company’s mission and client base. I focus on concision, consistency, and using the right voice to convey your brand. Examples include:
- Web content
- Deliverables such as reports and presentations
- Marketing materials
- Crafting a customized style guide for the unique needs of your written communications. This sets guidelines for written communications and ensures that your writing is consistently on-brand.
- A style guide provides a clear direction for expression, so that your writing is consistent. This is one of the foundations of branding.
- Using a style guide also saves time in content creation and editing.
My rates vary, depending on the needs of your business. For example, do you have a one-time project that needs a once-over, or need a monthly retainer where I’m on hand to review whatever you’re working on? Do you need it yesterday, or do you work with long-term deadlines?
If you think we’d be a good fit, let’s discuss what you need.
“Maura is a pleasure to work with, she is always highly responsive and communicates her schedule proactively so my whole team could plan accordingly. She works hard to meet last-minute deadlines where possible and was always willing to pitch in to help us get something across the line. She is easily the most detail-oriented copy editor I have ever worked with, she caught all the small and large inconsistencies in our writing (e.g., grammar, spelling, using consistent tense and capitalization) and made sure to ask questions about any of the writing she was unsure of. She took the time not only to edit our work but highlight her edits and even offer tips to my team on how to improve their writing personally. I cannot say enough good things. She helped our company reach a higher level of quality and professionalism and we are so grateful we hired her.”Akanna Orr